I had a burst of energy, so after I cleaned my face for bed time I went around the house and cleaned a few things up. I just realized I forgot to refill the soaps...
Well, I made myself lunch and then I thought... my mom doesn't usually take lunch or breakfast because she is always running in the morning, so I made her the same lunch I am taking and I got her some carrots and peanut butter for a healthy snack and I got her a bagel with a little bit of cream cheese, peanut butter, and sweet potato butter! YUM! So excited.. and then I left her a little note that she can find in the morning. :)
Now... to my post. :) I went to a business meeting on sunday evening.... and it helped me to realize myself again. I've been lost for some time and I feel that lately I have really been coming back to myself. I realized that I forgot about being thankful. I was always thankful.. no matter what and still am, but I was missing some things. I used to be really happy all the time, because I was constantly thinking about the serendipity of life... and constantly saying thank you to the Universe for all of the blessings in my life... and I stopped that! OMG! ERROR! Can anyone say "system failure!"
I've been reading a book by SARK. Do you know her? She's pretty freaking fantastic... The book is called "Glad No Matter What" and it's reminded me of some things that are so iportant and that I used to find important in my life. She talked about how important it is to be your own supporter. When you are feeling alone, instead of looking for someone to tell you things you want to hear... or to hug you, hug yourself! and whisper those words so that you can hear them... and be kind and gentle to yourself. I do this occassionally, but instead of doing it everyday I find pity in my life. I let myself be sad because I am alone.. even though I used to find joy in being single and knowing that the right person is coming my way. How interesting.. what makes a person completely FLOP their way of living?
Well, a lot of things do... a lot of things, but one other thing that I've remembered.. is that thinking about something that happened in the PAST does nothing for the FUTURE. It just leaves you being upset and in the same state you were in the past! Well... that leaves you STUCK in the past. If we were meant to be stuck in the past.. the future wouldn't exist.. we would be stuck in the same time forever.
So I've thought.. and I ask you... if something is going on in your mind from the PAST whether it be yesterday, 5 minutes ago, or 5 years ago... let it go! It can be hard, but you made the choices you made in the past because it was the right thing to do then. and NOW you are in the PRESENT, which makes the FUTURE! You have two different times to live in and you gotta keep your mind focused on those. For the future you have to set goals....
Where do you want to be in 5 years? Do you want to have kids within 5 years? How many? Do you want to be married? Do you want to have a business? Do you want a different career? Do you want to be financially free??? Do you want to visit a different state/country/or an island?
And in the present... you enjoy everyday life... and in the present... you guide your decisions in the way of your dreams and goals for the future. It's all an amazing pathway that links to each stage of life... and every decision you make leads you somewhere different.
So remember, when you are feeling frustrated: you are in this frustrating situation because you have the skills to handle it. You will never be put in a frustrating situation that you can not handle.
when you are feeling sad: You are beautiful and you are amazing. You can do the most amazing things I have ever seen anyone do... and you are so good at what you do. Keep on going, beautiful. You can do it and we are here for you. (and tell yourself any beautiful words and things you want to hear... you are your own best friend... :) you don't even have to go somewhere to be with you <3)
when you are happy: smile to someone who is sad.. and tell them beautiful things... because everyone needs a little help sometimes.
when you feel ashamed: you are not alone in the event that has occurred. This happened for a reason.. and even though you feel silly about it now... things will come around and be beautiful once again. Just smile, you're beautiful <3.
when you have doubt: take a moment to calm your body.. close your eyes and look deep inside of you... trace your consciousness through your entire body and see the little lights within you flicker on... remember that they are always there... those flickering lights are your spirit.. let them grow and envelope your whole body.. smile at the warmness... and the love.. and the knowledge that you can conquer any challenge set in front of you. and share that light with the world...
You are beautiful.
and I love you <3
Love,
Me
p.s. I received my graduate school degree in the mail today and it's framed. :) I can't wait to hang it. <3 and I am so proud of myself.. Amanda, I am so proud of you.. you are amazing and so... strong. I knew you could do it... I've been here cheering you on all along and I will always be here for you. I'm so excited to see what we do next. *Love*
Hi Amanda! First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I don't know why, I even don't even know how to term it, but to some extent, I see myself in you. Are you my alter ego? I am not in the best period of my life right now and when I need some words of encouragement and realizations, I always see those in your blog posts. Could it be that we are connected in our past lives? :)
Anyway, I am so happy for you. I can feel your excitement, happiness and optimism. Wishing you all the best in life!
Btw, if it is not too much too ask, can you send me your emaila address?
thanks
I definitely believe that we could be. :) It is definitely not too much to ask. :) I can post it somewhere on your blog, because you will probably see it better there. :)
DeleteYAY for the Grad School Degree!! Take a picture and share with us!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, too. You are such an encourager, Amanda!
Oh, thank you!!! Hm.. I have a picture, so I'll definitely post it up!! :)
Delete