Friday, February 3, 2012

Pretty trendy

About 30 minutes ago I had a thought in my mind and I knew I'd post about it. 30 minutes later I have forgotten what that idea was, because I have been wrapped up in so many other thoughts.


I hung out with a friend today that I haven't seen in a while. It was pretty cool. We talked for about an hour then got food then I went back home and all that's left of the night is the splash of slushie at the bottom of my cup. 




I swear it's in there... :)
Today I re-vamped the look of my blog! :) I am totally loving it, though I wish I could figure out how to make that whiteness go away in the center... I know I can't, but I wish I could.. haha. :) I'm so stubborn sometimes!! It just irritates me, because it doesn't go with the way I have my blog laid out.

Anyway.. I'm sitting on my bed... looking at my room which I've just cleaned up.  It looks pretty good, except now I realize I have 2 glasses in here.. a bowl.. a container... and some garbage bags. haha. Oh well.. :)

                         Here is a picture of my degree!! :D YAY!!!!

I'm super pumped up because tomorrow I am going on another adventure to Ohio for a business meeting! YAY! I picked out my outfit today, after I got off my lazy bum. :) It's going to look super cute, but my skirt needs to be ironed so I will have to pull the iron out today.  Maybe I should post pictures of my business attire. Hm.. :) Maybe I'll do that!!

It's so weird... today I just have nothing. I'm trying too hard to get a topic going, so I am failing epicly. :)

I think that's something important about life.  I learn it every time I am nervous about something important coming up... when you try to FORCE something it is always much more stressful and harder to find the solution, but when you take a deep breath, relax and let it be... the solution always comes to you.  It may take a little more time, but it is better to relax and find the answer, rather than stress repeatedly.  I think that's one thing that I do.. and other people may do... in an attempt to solve problems and get somewhere in our future fast we try to solve things right away and control everything in the environment in order to control the outcomes, but.. that's not what it is about. We are heading exactly where we are meant to be.. we just have to be patient and go with the curve balls in life. 

When I was younger I used to be a huge "chat room" kinda girl. I would sit online for hours and talk to random people via chat room on AOL... and all other formats that I could find. Well.. a few years in, the AOL chat rooms had changed drastically and my whole outlook changed on them. I then found a new community of people that I loved to sit and talk to all day and night.  I would stay up late during high school and college talking to people through the chat space... and I'd sit there waiting and waiting for someone to talk.. wasting hours of my day just hoping and wishing I could have a friend to talk to. I've never been a popular kid. I actually prefer to keep my numbers of friends low.. .but for me they have always been more "non-existent" than "low." It's ok, because I am able to keep myself occupied in my alone space.  Anyway, that's not what I want to talk about.

I want to talk about the waiting thing. When you sit and wait, or you act and wait for things to happen.  I deleted all of my ties to these chat rooms and the people I met from them... I removed lots of people from facebook, because I felt it was pointless. I wasn't getting anywhere in my life by chatting online... and I wanted to get somewhere in life.  I stopped using all of the chat rooms and things when I was a senior in college, because that's when my best friend and I moved in together.  Then after college I deleted the chat rooms because I wanted to concentrate on school and finding friends in my day to day.  I found lots of friends and I started to notice a shift in my life.  I was getting out more, I was enjoying Nature.. things were amazing. Things were changing.. and I was heading towards my future.

Then, about a week ago, I thought "wonder if those people are still in those chat rooms....." so I re downloaded everything and jumped right back in. Everyone is still there... it's been 2-3 years and everyone is still in the same space. They may be doing something a little differently in their lives, but they still sit there for hours a day talking to people via net that they may not ever see... there's nothing wrong with that.. but have you ever made a change in your life like this? And then you go back a few years later and see that everyone is still there? like.. nothing has changed for them, but for you.. things are growing and changing.

This relates directly to a quote I heard in a talk the other day... "Change must happen for change to occur." So you can't sit in the same thing you've been doing saying that you want things to change, but you're not willing to change what you're doing.  I used to be like that.. and in some ways I still am... but I relaize that for things to change in my life I have to work towards change.. I have to make change happen. You can't do the same thing you've been doing everyday and expect a change to happen... changes happen when you do new things.. <3

Every step we take creates our future. What kind of future do you want to have? <3

Love you,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I agree with the fact of keeping your group of friends smaller. I also share the principle and I also do not love the idea of having to attract attention and being everyone's apple of the eye.

    I am so happy for you. Your diploma and the way things are going for your career. Keep that positive outlook (could you share with me some? hahaha) and I know grand things are coming your way.

    Enjoy life and oh I love your new blog layout too. The effect of pink and the newsprint is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :D I actually got it from the site that your "leave a comment" button is from. :)

      I will share some positive with you! :) -sends glitter and pictures of trees and happy things your way- :D

      - Amanda

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3