Friday, February 3, 2012

IDEA!

so... I got my hair cut... like last week and I got a pixie cut.  I'm not hating it, but I'm not loving it either... it's just not exactly what I want anymore... so I'm kinda.. =/ I had all these bright ideas about it, but now that I have it... you know the complex: when you cut your hair you want long hair and when you have long hair you want short hair. Yeah.. that happens to me ALL the time, because I am constantly changing my hair.Before this hair cut I had an inverted bob, which was fantastic, but I got tired of that cut... so I changed to the pixie.

My GREAT plan is:

when my pixie starts growing out -> get a bob cut

when my hair starts to get longer in the front -> get an inverted bob again! :D

when my hair gets longer all around -> get layers

when my hair gets length -> layer starting at cheekbones for a cute cut that looks good with my face


YAY! Then I can get back to longer hair with only 4 hair cuts! :) This will take a few months, but I think my hair will be in the final stage by April/May.
hair now: 

 
long version of inverted bob: (November) [love the long version, but you gotta let the hair grow out a little longer in front, which takes a little time]


the shorter version of the inverted bob: (August) [hair in front wasn't long enough for deep inversion like in picture above]

 hair cut in June some point after below picture:


this is the layering I hope to achieve, but with one layer a little shorter at cheek bones, because it looks awesome when I have a layer there! :D

 me pre-hair cuts (beginning of June)
 


 



my hair was super short back in college...  This was a typical length for me back then:


so there's my life of hair... :) I've gone from the very short to long to medium... to short!  I like short styles, but without my own personal hair cutting person in the same vicinity, it's kind of hard to keep them up. My hair has already grown out from my pixie and it's only been a week and a half! wow..

I love having the freedom to do whatever I want to my hair. I know that a lot of people aren't allowed to cut their hair and dye it randomly, so I live up that privilege of mine. It's not too expensive to get hair cuts where I go, but I just don't have money to get hair cuts every 2 weeks to keep up with a style... so, whenever I do go to get my hair cut I always like to try something new! :)

and.. I don't go every 2 weeks to the hair place, but I do go often! At least once every 2 months.... and if I could afford it.. or had someone to cut my hair I would have a lot more interesting things going on because I love constant change. It helps me stay in focus and understand that change must happen in life and that you should never get too comfortable with how things are.

It's nice to have a comfort zone, but don't hang out there too often! Because when things start to change in your life it will be more of a shock and you will resist change much more.  Just go with the flow and change... adapt... evolve. <3

and smile! :)

Love,
Amanda


4 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! Now you are showing more pictures of yourself. You look gorgeous and I love best your picture in June.

    I think we are really somehow connected. Just got a haircut too, way different from my usual style. I had a hairspa and haircut just to shooo away the stress.

    And I agree "adapt" and "evolve" great words of wisdom today my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! LOVE that you went for a hairspa to get rid of stress!! It helps! :)

      and thank you! :D after looking at the pictues and thinking about them after I posted them I think my favorite hair style was the one in June as well! :) So that may be what I do. yay!

      and thank you so much for your compliments. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great picture series! Thank you for sharing. I happen to love the layered look in June :)
    We've all known you were a beauty on the inside.. now we know it's a package deal.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thank you! you're so nice. :) I love the layered June hair too! woohoo! 3 for 3 haha. :) I think that's what I'll let me hair grow out for... :) :)

      Hugs!

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3