Every evening when I climb into bed at around... midnight I do a few things.
1) Pull up my Firefox window
2) refresh all of the blogs that remain open in tabs.
3) I then go down the line and read each blog that has been updated. I only have a few on the list... but I wanted to talk about these two with you. I started reading:
Nie Nie Dialouges
about.. .2 years ago? maybe more. I don't remember how I found this blog... it was through some other blogs that I was reading. While checking this blog out, I found a very sad story.. a story of a woman and her husband that were in an accident. They have four beautiful children... and their lives had changed. Mr. Nielson, as Stephanie calls him in all of her entries, was using his flying lessons that she purchased for his birthday. He was very excited to be flying and after he had taken several lessons he invited "Nie Nie" out with him as well as the teacher for a flight. There was a failure on the plane and it crashed... Mr. Nielson escaped with burns... and Nie Nie escaped with 80% of her body burned. They are both alive and well. Her blog tells the whole story... of recovery.. strength.. resilience.. and how dedication and passion can make dreams come true. I'm sorry to talk about something so sad, but this story reminds me of how lucky I am in my life, how consistency and hope can make anything happen.. and it reminds me to always know there is a story behind every person's life. Go check out her blog for the full story of what happened and read the amazing journey the family has been on... They are amazing, strong, resilient people and I love to read every night. and p.s. Nie is PREGNANT! :D
Second, I started reading:
The Kings
quite recently. I was reading an entry on "Nie Nie Dialouges," when I saw a post about a "sad story that you should go check out and donate if you can." I went... and it was "The Kings." This story... also reminds me that I should cherish every moment of my life. This is a family of 6. Two amazing parents and four beautiful children. One of the children, Noah, was born with physical impairments and at his birth the King parent's were told that he would only live to 3. Well, he lived to 10... which was last year. He passed away about 4 months ago. It took a toll on the family, because even though they knew it would come some day.. they didn't know when that day would be. Then when the King family prepared to go on their annual family vacation, they decided to invite Lisa's (Mrs. King) family to come along to spend the week with them. Lisa stopped blogging on the 24th of January and said she would blog after the family vacation. She was so excited.. and talked about how her and her husband, Aaron, were sad that Noah would not be with them on this trip. They had some family fun when they arrived at their destination:St. Helens (In Tasmania) and the next day Lisa's family came down to spend the rest of the trip with the family. They did a lot on that day including a family trip to the beach and a "boy's" trip out on a fishing boat. After Aaron and all other boys that were on the fishing boat came back to the place they were staying... everyone joked and enjoyed their time together. Then Aaron started to have troubles breathing... and he died. Lisa and Aaron lost their son ~4 months ago and then Lisa lost Aaron. I read this story to remember how precious everyday is... and how we should not waste any moment of our lives... this is an amazing story of a family that is healing...
I highly suggest you go check these blogs out... and if you have tissues, bring them along.
Love,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what's on your mind. <3