Sunday, February 5, 2012

Friends of the past

I read something two days ago about how things from the past could be coming up and.. They have been.

Do you have any friendships that died long ago that you think about?

I used to have a best friend who lived near me and our friendship ended. I have been thinking lately, should I get in contact with him. I'm going to think about this today... And for now I'll leave it in the past.

It ended as it was for a reason. It wouldn't be the same today... But I'm thinking of it for a reason. Maybe there was a learned lesson that I should reflect on now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I was also forced to burn bridges.... I lost a group of friends somehow by choice. I regretted it to some extent but you know what, I have come to the realization that real friends are there to pull you up. If friendship has been giving you more heartaches, worries and standards to follow, then that is not friendship at all.I might as well move on and live my life the way I wanted it and not the way other people dictates it.

    But in your case, of course I will not impose my opinion. Listen to your heart and do what it tells you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. :) I'm just going to leave it in the past. I'm only dwelling on it because I'm remembering what it was like to have a best friend to talk to all the time. My current best friend lives... 2000 miles away.. so I guess for some reason I'm thinking in my mind "well he was a best friend at one point.. and he is closer than her... so maybe I should talk to him.." and that's not even a rational thought! :) I agree it's always best to live your life the way you want to and the way that makes you happy!

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3