Friday, March 9, 2012

Sitting in Silence

Freaks me out. I do not like the quiet. For years I have hated to just sit with no background noise. Often I hear odd sounds in the quiet, which keep me up all night, so I like to avoid that.

It's amazing though, how sometimes.. you need to sit in the quiet. Turn off all the sounds and just sink into your mind, while doing mindless tasks.

Sometimes you don't even realize how long you've been sitting in the quiet... with your mind wandering.. over positive affirmations, thoughts for tomorrow, what you're thankful for... what you love, what you smell... what you hope for... all types of things... and then when you realize how long it's been, you come back to the realm of now... and in the now you feel refreshed, happy, restored...

even if something is a little bit scary to you... sometimes it's the one thing you need... take a step, take the chance. you may feel more whole in the end than you did in the beginning.

Love, love, love

and light,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3