Wednesday, March 7, 2012

failed - take 2

Well, I failed my driving test again.

I parallel parked magnificently... so I thought this was a sure pass. When I got to the center, I thought today was the last day I would ever go there again.

I planned my outfit... my hair was straight and nice looking... wore my special shoes...

The guy said our car needs a sticker, that it actually doesn't need, but that he would give me a "courtesy test."

So, I parallel parked. Then I went out onto the road. I got up to speed, because the girl who went 2 people before me wasn't going the speed limit and that's why she failed, so I made sure to go the speed limit.  Then, I watched where I was in the lane, to make sure I was going straight down the center. I made sure I turned onto the road the correct way when I was asked to turn left.  Then I went down another left hand road (both were dirt and rocks btw... apparently for tests now they do some back road driving) and then my driver asked me to do a three point turn. WHAT!? Thank goodness my friend taught me how to do those... but I haven't practice in a while. So, I managed that.. and I was proud.  We pulled out to stop sign number 1. STOP. then we pull on up the road an there is a sign that says there WILL be a stop sign, but I didn't see it. So I crawled up, saw there was more road still before the highway.. and I STOPPED, then looked Left and Right and proceeded Right.  As we are going down the road the guy says I rolled through the stop sign. How did I roll through the stop sign?? THEN I was kind of panicked because of it, so when we got to the driver center I overshot the driveway and had to make a weird turn.. there were cars coming the other way, so I didn't want to bother them... I've not really turned across a lane of traffic before.

We get to the parking space and I forget to put the car in park, because I'm so frazzled.  I turn it on, put it in park and then turn it off again. He tells me, "I'm sorry, but you're going to have to come back again. You coasted through that stop sign and if there were cars coming, you would have hit them and then you over shot the driveway a little, which is OK, but when you turned you were in the other lane a little bit and if a car was there, you would have hit it." So, I said ok, thank you very much and he said "if you bring this car again, you must have the sticker or we will not let you test."

I Failed... because I "ran" a stop sign coming off of a dirt road by a highway... that I DID stop at. and then I turned a tiny bit into the other lane when I was panicking about over shooting the driveway of the center.. so I failed for that too.

Now next time I test I have to parallel park correctly AND do all the driving stuff right or I am screwed.

and.. it took a long time to convince my mom to let me take that car for my test... so now that I can't take it.. I probably won't test for a long while, because there is no other car for me to take.

-sigh-

Keep trying.

Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I received the e-card you sent me. Thank you very much. Thank you for the comforting words. I believe Anna would be equally happy because I happen to know a friend in you.

    Please don't lose hope in your driving test. I know parallel parking, it's the most difficult skill a driver has to learn. As you said, practice, try again and you'll see, you can make it. I believe in you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're more than welcome, Diane. I am so glad that you liked the card.

      and thank you so much for your kind words.. :) I am going to get it right next time! :)

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3