I usually sleep til 9:30 or 10am.
It's beautiful.
So I started thinking more...
Right now I am looking for a "real job"
my "real job" may revolve around school schedules.. and office hours.
a "9-5 job"
Revelation: Sleeping until 9:30-10am does not happen
when you have to be at work by 9.
(or you'd be late for work).
If I'm so eager to get a "real job" then I should also learn to wake up earlier.
So I thought today I might wake up earlier.
I intended on waking up at 8am. That is "earlier" enough for me right now.
Usually I only have Bryne sleep in my room, but last night I invited in Blackie and Xaria... because they were by my bedroom. I went to bed 2 hours earlier than usual and prepared for a good sleep.
I knew Bryne would be upset at the additions to our room, so I asked her
to please let them spend the night
(and let me sleep!)
All was well.
Xaria woke me up at 6:15. I like the way my room looked...
kissed by the morning light peeking through the window and bouncing off the mirrors.
mmm.. morning!
I knew it was early, but I didn't know the time. It was 6am.
The cat was hesitant to leave -- GRRR!
I just moved Bryne so I could get up and she was sleeping so peacefully. :/
Then I let Xaria out into the other part of the house and went back to bed...
then I had to use the bathroom, so I had to get back out of bed... and figured "screw it" I'll start the day NOW!
I had cereal and crawled into bed.. listening to audio and reading blog posts.
Here I am saying "practice makes perfect"
I feel awake, energized, happy (cold) and ready for my day.
I'm learning something else... not to think about my day, because it sounds so l..o...n...g...
and that just makes me sleepy.
(but here I am going to list the agenda, because I don't have to list times)
get ready for the day
work
run around and do random tasks at work to stay busy
eat a sanck
wait for mom
go home
get dad's car
practice driving in it + parallel parking
get Dairy Queen Blizzards! (buy one get one 99cents! mmm..)
read some chapters in my book
blog world
watch Pretty Little Liars
youtube channel videos
ready for bed
plan outfit for tomorrow
sleep <3
YAY! what a great day.
I hope you have a lovely one as well! and remember, no one is perfect at anything the first time through! Practice makes perfect... try and try again :) Every little step takes you a little bit closer to your goal.
Every little step counts... :)
You are awesome!
Love,
Amanda
p.s.
I went parallel parking the other day. I was driving my dad's car this time.. because my mom's car has too many issues... and she doesn't want it to be a factor in my test. My dad's car
is a cute burgundy Thunderbird 1988! (that's the year I was born!!) So I feel this car and I get
along well! :)
--it's so much easier to drive then my mom's car... love it --
anyway, so I went to practice. I did it right a few times at first, but then this girl that I was annoyed with.. was in a huge Lexus SUV behind me in the line. She got it right everytime and zoomed right up behind me before I even got to practice parallel parking in the next spot.
She made me so nervous and angry that I was screwing up!!
So I realized "Amanda are you really going to let this girl in her SUV stress you out??"
and I thought "YES!!" and I was mad and I wanted to leave, but I still wasn't perfect yet.
Another sweet girl was in a small silver car in our line.
she was sweet. I liked her.
She was good at parallel parking, but she wasn't a jerk, racing around everywhere!
Good news: the girl in the SUV left and so did my stress!
I then realized what I had to do in order to make sure
I have no stress while taking my test or parallel parking in general.
First: take a deep breath
Second: put car in reverse
Third: with my clear and goal set, put on turn signal
Fourth: swing into space at angle
Fifth: back straight in
Sixth: swing in the rest of the way to straighten car out
Seventh: move car up a tad to be centered
VIOLA! parallel parked, snug as a bug against the curb! :)
so... even when you're stressed out, practice still makes perfect. You just have to realize your
coping skills
in order to calm down and reduce stress levels. :)
Looooveeeeee,
amanda :)
Hello Amanda! Thank you for the kind words you left in my blog. If Anna, will be able to know you, I'm sure she will like you too. I think we were able to view your blog one time. Anna was one of my few friends who actually does visit my blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm catching up with your posts. Hopefully, after Anna's interment, I can back read your posts. Hopefully, I'll try my best to adjust to her absence...forever.
Thank you and I'm glad you are improving your driving skills.
You are so welcome, Diane. I am so sorry for your loss.. take your time.. and remember to be easy on yourself. You're allowed to be upset over this... in time you will adjust, but don't rush it.
Delete