Monday, January 31, 2011

Another nerves blog

I have group soon and I'm nervous, just like last week. I don't know why, but I have to type out my lesson.

I'll go to the room with or without my supervisor and stand in the area I am supposed to so that all the students can see me.  I will introduce myself again and go around the room naming all of the students in the classroom.  I'll ask the names of the students who weren't there last week.  Then I'll refresh the class on what we talked about last week.. Hot, Cold, and Cool when we are being teased.  When we're teased we feeling sad.. sometimes people tease us for no reason and we aren't sure how to react.  We can either be HOT, what does HOT mean? Does it feel nice to be HOT? What do we look like when we are HOT? What do we do with our bodies? I'll demonstrate a HOT reaction by clenching my fists and looking mean.  Then I'll talk about COLD. We can be COLD when we are upset. What does COLD mean? Does it feel good to be COLD? Are we smiling or frowning when we are COLD? I'll model the reaction and have the kids point out which paper means COLD.  then I'll ask which reaction means happy! :) Which one makes us smile? We talked about HOT, which is not happy.. we feel upset and angry.. and we frown.  Then we talked about COLD where we are sad, and frown and now we are going to talk about COOL! When we are cool, we are happy.  We take deep breaths and we feel good about ourselves and our decisions.  We SMILE when we are COOL.  Is it easy to be COOL? No, it's not easy at all! We all struggle with being COOL, but we are happy when we are COOL.  Last week we watched a video about a boy who went bowling with his friends.  He was HOT, COLD, and COOL!! Which reaction worked best for him? When he was COOL he was able to stay and hang out with his friends at the bowling alley. He was embarrassed about what he did, but he was able to laugh it off.  When we are being teased, sometimes we can take a deep breath and laugh it off to feel better.  Today we're going to watch another video, which is about "changing the subject." Has anyone tried to change the subject before when they're being teased? or leave the situation to go somewhere else and tell a teacher? Sometimes it's hard to change the subject, but it's something we can all learn to do! :) We're going to see Jason, Larry, and Jack in this video.  This video will take place at work where Jason is working.  He is going to be HOT, COLD, and COOL. Show the reaction when you say the word. Then start the video.  Watch each section and after that section talk about what each reaction is and if it worked for Jason or not.

I'm not feeling much better right now... I think it's because I know my supervisor will be there today... ugh.  and I just remembered that I need a remote for this DVD player.  For some reason only one of the classrooms has a working remote for the DVDs.. maybe I can borrow that one. crap.. I just remembered. go me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3