Monday, January 24, 2011

nervous

I am so nervous about this group... ok? I am SO nervous.  I just don't want to mess up.. I can't mess up. There's nothing for me to mess up.  I want to have a great group and talk to the kids and get to know them and think of a different way to talk about things.  Nervousness just gets in my way of doing that from time to time.  Ok we're going to do what I did in the beginning and type what my group is going to go like:

I'm going to get to the class and tell the kids who I am.  I'll go around the room and ask the kids their names and maybe I can do a beginning activity like ask their favorite color.  I'm not sure if they could answer that though..  Then I will tell them that we're going to talk about teasing.  I'll ask if anyone knows what teasing is or if they can tell me a time that teasing occurred.  I'll ask how they handled it, how they felt and if they were able to stop the teasing.  Then I'll ask if they know why people tease. I'll talk to them about Hot, Cold, and Cool.  We will talk about what it feels like to be "HOT" or angry.  I'll ask them if they have ever felt angry and if it's easy to calm down when you're angry.  I'll ask how do you know when you are angry? What does your body feel like? Do you want to yell when you are angry? Do you want to be mean when you are angry? I'll talk about a few signs of a "HOT" appearance and anger.  When you're angry you might tell yourself "If I don't fight back they'll tease me more" Then we'll talk about "COLD" or sad.  What does it feel like when you're sad? Do you talk to people when you're sad? What do you do? Do you wear a smile or a frown when you're sad? Does it feel good to be sad? We'll talk about that and what the "COLD" sign looks like.  Why it is ice cubes and what that means.  Then we'll talk about "COOL" or content/happy.  Has anyone ever been really happy before? You feel good with the situation at that time.  You are happy to be where you are and in your situation.  You're able to calm down and take a breath and deal with the situation.  Does it feel good when you're happy? What do you do when you're happy? Do you wear a frown or a smile? If you were angry, would it be easy to smile? We're going to watch a video of a guy who is being teased.  He is going to be HOT in the beginning, we'll talk about that right after we watch.

ok, I'm feeling better. now it's time for group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3