Monday, January 3, 2011

Realization - come back to this in 10 years.

WOW! I was just looking at some of the blog posts from the time I was on winter break and I noticed some of the titles talking about a new decade. wow.. That just blew me away.  This is a new decade.  I guess it really started last year, but still! Think about it.  Where ever you are now, in 9-10, even just 5 years you are going to be in such a different place.  5 years away isn't even that far... I feel like Shrek talking about Far, Far Away land.  It seems so far, but you soon realize that it doesn't take too long to get there... and time flies by.  Gosh. I wonder what I'll be doing in 10 years.  Right now I am starting my second semester of graduate school.  4 years ago I was starting my second semester in college... 4 years before that I was starting high school. I just... can NOT believe how time flies.  This time next year I will be a graduate of my program and looking for a job to pay off those student loans.. I'll be increasing my hours at the shoe store until I find a full time job for myself.. Goodness time really does fly. 3 years ago I thought I met the man of my dreams and I was proven wrong. 5 years ago I was in the relationship of a lifetime just trying things out, which ended terribly.  I just can't believe how time flies... it's just... amazing.

10 years from now... where will i be:

in a home or apartment
full time job
serious relationship, hopefully married by then
pets
kids???
further towards my dreams...
able to fly a plane or be working towards my flying license
been on at least one archaeological dig

In 10 years... I'll be 34. Goodness.  Maybe I'll still have this blog and maybe I'll look back on it and laugh at myself because what I thought would happen in that time is completely different from what did or things happened exactly how I said... or I got an amazing opportunity I couldn't have imagined to have..

Well, a note to my future self, way to go! :) I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3