Sunday, August 12, 2012

Perspective

I looked at a photo of myself the other day.... I was hugging a beautiful bride on her wedding day. I thought I looked nice that day, but realized in the picture... some funky stuff was going on and I felt embarrassed! Good thing I didn't really know anyone there...

I only looked at the photo for a second before I decided to dye my hair and make some new fitness goals.

I contemplated having them remove the picture, since it freaked me out so much.

Then I remembered, this is a picture documenting an important day... a day when my friends got married and I was at the wedding celebrating with them. A day where they can look back at the photos and remember who was there and how amazing the day was. That day wasn't about me. I may have looked less than awesome, but it was a fun day. It was a wedding day. It was about a beautiful bride and a handsome groom (and a hot date).

I thought back on older photos of me... that I always thought were disgusting at the time, but when I look at them now I realize how beautiful they really were.. and how many memories they bring back. I thought about how this photo will be the same in a couple of years... or even months!

I was thinking about it at work today too... how one person can see themselves as "ugly" say they have "big feet," but it's all perspective... to another person, they are not ugly... and to a person with bigger feet... they don't have big feet at all.  It all depends on how you look at things... if you look for the negative.. or nasty things.. you will find them.  but when you open your eyes and look at the big picture... you can see how beautiful things really are.. how amazing the world is and what an integral part you have in it..

we are all here for a reason.. we are all beautiful and amazing. we need to remember that... and lift ourselves up through out the day instead of letting negative thoughts take over.  we are magical... we are capable of anything that we can dream up. we are fantastic. we are superior... we can change the world.


each day our lives are changing... every step opens up the next leg to our path. make the choices that feel right and resonate with your heart... those are the steps that will take you down the path you were destined to live.. one wrong step and we could miss our lives... trust yourself babe. remove the stress on the exterior... it's unnecessary.. and causes trauma. you deserve happiness... peace.. serenity.

you can do it.

love,
Amanda


(photo by me)




2 comments:

  1. That was a breath taking photo Amanda! And I agree with your "perspectives" I'm guilty most of the times in letting myself feel down and ugly. Thank you for this insightful reflection Amanda. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! It was taken in Puerto Rico. :D Sometimes it's hard to avoid the nasty thoughts... but it's possible!!! you are gorgeous :D just tell yourself that and the nasty thoughts will go away! :) I hope you have a great week as well!!!

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3