Monday, May 7, 2012

Washington, DC!

Last night I was making plans for my summer... figuring out budgeting... deciding what I will sacrifice to have an awesome summer and I was creating a list in my "Possibility Book." While I was looking... I realized I have another thing to cross off! I've always wanted to go to Washington, DC and now it has happened! I thought that was a big enough sign for me to post pictures... so now I am :) :) :)

D.C. is a beautiful place full of history about my wonderful country! I've wanted to go ever since I was a kid, but never had the opportunity.

First, here is a beautiful picture overlooking the lake that most of the monuments surround. We went straight to the monuments when we arrived in DC, because we only had two days to tour around the city.. and even though it is small compared to... New York City... or Los Angeles... there is so much to see that you need a week to see it all!







beautiful.... :) something else that I thought was interesting about this lake... is that planes fly VERY low over it! Here is a picture to show you HOW low they fly. I mean, I was standing on the GROUND and I got a picture this clear of the plane... They BARELY miss hitting one of the monuments while flying over it...



Now.. a look at the monuments... This is the Jefferson Memorial from across the lake. It is such a beautiful monument... we ended up going down stairs while looking at the monument and found a whole lot of cool things there as well... quotes posted on the walls... videos about Jefferson... pictures... so cool.





and we took a lot of pictures in the Jefferson Memorial as well!! :D :D :D




walking up to the memorial.... gosh, it's marvelous!
The Jefferson Monument inside the memorial :D

and here is most of the crew that I went touring with! :) Do you see the guy in the way back? Yeah, he's part of the crew. He's "Chester-ing" have you seen the movie "Hot Rod"? Chester is some guy in the movie who pops into people's pictures and stands like that... so in EVERY group picture we have a "Chester" in the background... hahaha... these guys are awesome!

Here are some more pictures of Monuments and other things.... :)

This is the "Tower of Friendship" that is part of the Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial! the top of the tower represents Sky, the next level is Wind, the middle is Fire, and the bottom portion is Water. It's very cool. :)  (but only a replica!)

and this is another part of the monument. :)

then we have this cool monument



3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I enjoyed this post. I love the pictures. I have never reached a country outside Asia so posts like this really make me happy. I love the shot of the lake too, its relaxing and so dramatic. Are you one of the girls in the picture? Looks like you had fun fun fun too :)
    How about food? Are there unique dishes there in Washington? I hope you'll be able to reach other places too. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Diane!! You deserve to go other places as well!! :)

      There is nothing exciting as far as food goes in DC. We had pizza everyday.. haha... just because it was so affordable and available late at night when we got back to our hotel rooms. Yes I am in the picture. :) I am wearing pink + green + white and black top. For some reason this post wouldn't let me continue it.. so there are still more pictures! I'll add them later on to a "part 2" :)

      Delete
    2. I actually love your outfit. The color combination is so cute. Will wait for your next post for this trip. Oh btw, you mentioned pizza all day? wow! that would be a dream for me too.

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3