Friday, May 11, 2012

Hit again

Today I was at work... when I got a text message from my mom to call her. She never texts me like that... oddly enough I was heading on break at that time. So, I went to call her and she told me that she didn't know how to tell me... and that's when I knew it. We had a catastrophe in our house again with the dogs... another of our dogs died.

He was so young in spirit and body... he was probably 12... but so full of life and love... and now he is gone. We are so sad here.. .and I had to stay at work til 9... so I came home to join my parents... visited where the puppy is buried...

Oreo.. was a sweet dog. He used to follow us around everywhere... he is a pup from the first litter that our dogs had.  There were 4 pups in that liter.. and Oreo was the one that we wanted to keep the most. My mum wanted Brittany, so we kept her as well.  Oreo was the runt of the litter... and the cutest.... imo.  He LOVED to give kisses when people laughed... he would sit on your lap and lick, lick. lick your face until you cried from laughing so hard! He would curl up with you when you were sad and lick your tears.. and look into your eyes with those.. soulful eyes of his... he could definitely see into your soul with them.  He would follow you around at home... he was always right on my heels while I was walking around the house.... he barked a lot... but out of love and concern... he would sit outside the bathroom door when someone went in... and as soon as we opened the door he would jump up and be ready to run at our heels when we started walking... he stayed in my bedroom a few nights.. and was always so excited to do that... I'd say "Come on, Oreo! You can come sleep in my room!" and he'd run so fast into my room.. he was so excited... it was a rare treat for the pups to sleep in my room. 

This is Oreo giving me kisses a few years ago... he loved to cuddle.... and tell you secrets...


see his eyes? he was such a beautiful dog... and now he's gone..... I was just stroking his face yesterday... and looking into his eyes... and now he's gone...



4 comments:

  1. Aw, sweetie. I am so sorry for your loss. hugging you tightly and sending love and healing for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs.... Sorry for your loss Amanda. But I'm sure Oreo is in a better place right now still looking after you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3