Have you ever de-cluttered? It's an... amazing art. You don't think it changes things, but once you do it... things change a lot.
I have been de-cluttering a lot lately because I know I have a big move coming soon in my life.. One thing I hate about moving.. is carrying things. I HATE moving boxes and going up and down stairs.. carrying heavy things and then unpacking a few boxes and then realizing I have a bunch of pointless crap in them! So.. to avoid this. I am de-cluttering. I am going through all of the things I previously went through... boxes, my filing cabinet... corners of my small room... and I am getting rid of everything that is not helping me right now in my life. I mean EVERYTHING! Everything that can be donated is being donated, every piece of useless paper is being tossed, every item i think someone could benefit from is being posted to facebook. I am letting go.
Today I just completely emptied out my filing cabinet. I went through every paper.. and things that I could use at my future job.. have been relocated... things i'll never need have been packed properly to leave my house.. I have thrown away and given away things that I bought but don't actually need... i have cleared more space on my floor.... I love to see the carpet... that means that I really am doing work, rather than just moving things to new places on the floor.
Almost every nook and cranny has been organized in my room... and more things will be organized and cleaned as time goes by... each week I will get rid of more things that are unnecessary in my life.
Right now.. after all that cleaning.. I feel SO light. I feel... like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. Who knew that two drawers full of useless papers and items could be such a negative influence in my life. who knew that clearing the space could make me feel so much better? who knew that seeing the carpet could make me feel so much lighter... and... satisfied with life.
I knew these things... I knew this is how it worked, but I forgot how good it felt when you actually followed through.... de-cluttering is such a magical tool... you should try it. <3 :)
If something isn't serving you, get rid of it... donate it, give it away, throw it away... just let it go. Holding things in your life that have no purpose to you only hurts you... lighten your load. who wants to carry heavy bags in their future? let some of that old stuff go, so that you can put some things in your bag for the present... things that will serve you now. quit dragging the bag behind you... hunched over from the heavy load... lighten up! look up. dream with the stars... let your heart float up high and free... and become a beacon of hope and love once again. <3
Love,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what's on your mind. <3