Saturday, April 14, 2012

Present

Yesterday.... I enjoyed the birthday present my mom purchased for me last year... something I never thought I would do.. never would have paid for on my own... and I never would have realized it was going on...

my mom heard about it and knew I would love to go, so she bought a ticket for me. She wanted to buy two, but couldn't afford it, so she thought I'd enjoy the event enough to forget I was there alone.

Have you ever been to: Cirque Du Soliel?

I had the pleasure of enjoying the






I LOVE Michael Jackson!

Let me tell you about this show.

1) They performed to all of his GREATEST hits!
2) They created the costumes based on music videos created from when the songs were originally released
3) They created costumes based on the "This Is It" production from the Michael Jackson Estate, after MJ passed away.
4) They had aerial people, awesome solos for musicians, people who can do amazing jumps! and best of all... phenomenal dancers!
5) LOTS OF LIGHTS! from LED to spot lights.. to strobe lights! They had it all.
6) AWESOME back drops!
7) awesome characters... like TWO elephants!!! pink and purple... and they walked on stage at one point.. as a transition from one song to the next
8) Lots of awesome LED hearts used on stage during the performance
9) Awesome incorporation of footage of Michael through the years.. for each song they performed to...
10) High energy...

this was the coolest show I have EVER watched!! I am so grateful that my mom bought me this ticket even though she probably didn't have the money for it.  Next time someone she loves comes into town for a tour.. I'm definitely getting her a ticket!


---

This show got me thinking. All my life I have always recognized people who work hard.  These performers have DEFINITELY worked hard. Think about it... they were probably dreaming of being a part of Cirque Du Soliel from the time they were little.  People don't just "do" Cirque Du Soliel!!! They WANT it! They STRIVE for it! work hard to get there... and I was thinking.. I just wanted to thank all the performers for working so hard in the show! I just wanted to hug them and say they did an amazing job and I was so proud of them!

I just love to acknowledge people when they work hard!!

So then I got to thinking.. these people put a lot of time and commitment into their lives to get where they wanted to be... they may have made huge sacrifices... so I was thinking... what commitment will I put towards the things I want in my life? What kind of commitment will YOU put towards the things YOU want in your life? What price will I/you pay to get what you want?

People who WANT things and commit to them are the people who GO places!

Then I started to think... what do I want?? The people who DO NOT want things and are just going through life without any goals.. may pay the worst price of all, because they aren't headed towards anything.. they are just living... going with the breeze. When you KNOW where you're going and what you WANT, then you are making PROPER use of your time by making a COMMITMENT!

Then I thought... some people don't want to say what they want because they don't want to be judged or laughed at.. Michael Jackson was all about being YOU and loving YOURSELF and the EARTH. He had so many amazing messages that he spread in his lifetime... Be you, because you were meant to be you! If you know what YOU want, work towards it. Who cares what other people think? We live in this life to be happy and enjoy it as much as we can. If you are not happy... then your life is going the wrong way! Wake up everyday with a smile, pep in your step, and knowing where you're headed! Be you, no matter how plain, weird, eccentric, or simple you are!

If you're not being YOU, then who are you?


Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Cirque Du Soliel was shown in our country too. But the tickets are too pricey :D for employees like me.

    Anyway, your post captured everything. Above the patience, perseverance and hard work, I guess the real key to success is "YOU" Discovering yourself and pursuing what YOU want is the key path to success and happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope that one day you can go!!! Even if it is years from now, because it was an experience like no other...

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3