Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fantastic

Things have been:

in-tune
spinning
vibrant
chaotic
peaceful :)
challenging
nervous
knowing
trusting

beautiful.

Recap of the events recently.

Saturday: worked am, which means I missed family events for Easter. I was a bit sad to miss out, but I visited my family later on in the weekend.

I drove to work Saturday and I finished at 4:30pm, but I typically finish at 9pm on Saturdays, so it was a great breath of fresh air! A friend text me while I was at work and asked what I was doing. I told him, work til 4:30, then home. He said he was going to pick me up after work and we would hang out so he could show me his new apartment.

Let's just say, I learned how to let go of inhibition and just have fun! and I realized I have a pretty good friend in this guy.  We ran around town from 4:45pm til about 9:30-10, maybe 11?? pm when he took me home. It was a fantastic time and this is the first friend I've had in a while who actually listens when you talk. We talked a lot about our lives and things.. and it was so amazing. I have missed good friends that I feel comfortable talking to.

Sunday: Easter! My family doesn't do anything on Easter Sunday, because we celebrate on Saturday... so we sat around the house a while and then started to prepare dinner for 6-7pm when my sister would come home with her boyfriend. We waited to eat until she got home, because we thought we'd be eating together. Much to our surprise, she didn't eat with us... instead spent time with her boyfriend. It was kind of annoying waiting all day for her and then she didn't even spend time with us. 

I visited my grandparents, got a move to take back to the Red Box for them and then back home for the night. I was exhausted and thought I'd go right to sleep! I started getting ready for bed and saw another friend post on facebook about an Easter night bonfire! So I text away... and it was true!! :) So I got dressed again and flew out the door to drive on the parkway for my first time and head to a bonfire with my friends!

I arrived and had a great night... ended up leaving at around 12:30am because I had work today (Monday) at 11am -9pm.

I have been trying to sell my car for some time now because we can't afford to fix it. Every time someone says they want to buy it, they don't. :/ Today while at work my dad asked if I'd take a certain amount for the car. I said yes, he said people were coming to see it and then that's the last I heard.

I left work early today and came home to find money in the cabinet and NO CAR in the driveway! YAY! Now I quest for a car. I'd like to get something new... but I don't think I can afford it, so I will see what else I can get.


I've also been very sick the last few days, which is why I haven't been on the blog at all... I think I have strep throat, but we will see. I just picked up some sudafed at the store on my way home from work and as of right now my throat feels better, but I am still coughing a lot. Hopefully this stuff will work! :)

and.. today at work we had the most amazing customer come in. She was such an inspiration... 43 years old. the biggest smile I have ever seen.. and the best attitude about life. She was born with Cerebral Palsy and is paralyzed on the left side of her body. She has one foot much smaller than the other.. and some other problems, but she was such a light.. she is a therapist! and she talked about how she teaches all of her clients that it is about your attitude. You have to have a go getter attitude. You have to be positive about everything. and instead of dwelling on problems, think of your next step to solve them. She had so many beautiful things to say... and her name was Fawn. What a beautiful name. I have never met someone so inspiring before in my life...

so that is my message to you for today.  Everything is manageable. You can do it. There is no other option, than to do it. A change in attitude can change the World. You are amazing! Smile. Laugh. Love. and when a challenge arises, work through it step by step, don't let it get you down.

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3