Well... for 2 days my internet was not working on my laptop, even though the router was in full swing and the net was working on all other computers of the house.
yesterday was my birthday!! YAY! I turned 24! (4.12) I can't believe I'm 24!!! and then... thinking about that got me thinking about something else. Lots of people, when they reach certain ages stop talking about their age.. they are ashamed or... embarrassed to be their age.. and in my case... well, I'm just shocked I'm getting older.
Wait a minute.
Isn't that what is supposed to happen? Every year, every person... animal... thing, gets older. It happens. That is life. Why be ashamed, embarrassed, or shocked when it happens? I think people should feel good about their age. People who are unhappy with how old they are always talk about the days when they were in their "20's" or when they were a teenager... and... that just makes me think ... that person must have a lot going on in their life to constantly be thinking about their past and wishing it were their past again. Why would we wish that? On anyone? Especially on our selves?
Time moves on... it's ticking, it's changing... it's happening. Every second of our lives. So why would we try to stop it or change it? Time is the only consistent thing across all walks of life. It may be a different time in different areas... but we understand our lives based on time. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks... months.. years.
Time keeps ticking no matter what.
This was.. just a thought.
Love,
Amanda
Hey Amanda! I missed this post. I don't have internet access in my vacay. How could I miss this. Anyway, belated Happy Birthday. I'm sure you had fun. I'm a few years older than you but I would say that when I reached 24, that was one of my happiest years.
ReplyDeleteWishing you more happiness, success and birthdays to come.
thank you so much, Diane!!! :) :) :)
Delete