Friday, December 3, 2010

it's been a while

do you agree?

me too.

ok. so life is... hard. i am in grad school, i have a 720 hour field placement to complete this year, and i have a part time job. I am busy.... 7 days a week. I work at the store 3 days, go to class 2 days and then go to field 3 days. it's a LOVELY time, let me tell you.

eh. anyway. so I got these AMAZING arm warmers from Enlightened Platypus on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnlightenedPlatypus). She is fabulous. Trust me, they were worth EVERY cent. These things are adorable and super warm... she's a creation genius.

Right now I am at my field placement waiting for this period to end so I can do my group session and then go home. I do my field placement at a school for students with all types of disabilities. I have some individual clients and then I do a group session once a week. Right now I am teaching kids about bullying and I will be for the next 3 weeks until winter holiday break. (I am counting down). It's a great thing, but my group for this class is on Friday the last period of the day, so no one wants to pay attention, all they want to do is GET OUT of school! lol. :) They're a hoot though. Two of the students love to respond, but get shy about being the only ones talking so they dont.. and then this other student gets so angry about the lesson, but knows all the answers to the questions. he's such a light bulb.

Oh and I've been talking to this guy for a little while now. He's sweet, very caring, and smart, but also very annoying... I try to get over it and think maybe it's just me, but I can't figure it out. I'm psychoanalyzing myself through this situation to figure it out. Something is telling me to continue talking to him, but I don't know what.. because he drives me NUTS! He just.. wants to know everything about me and thinks he understands me completely, which just annoys me because we haven't been talking for long. I mean, goodness, chill out with all the serious questions and having to know every little detail of everything I say. Yesterday I was thinking about this because he kept asking questions about the assignment I was doing. I told him all about it, even though it annoyed me and then I got to thinking. If he hadn't asked, I may have been annoyed that he didn't ask about it, because most people don't and I like to explain things to people. But he did ask and I was annoyed again. So, I'm thinking maybe it's just me. It's so odd to me that someone cares that I can't even handle it. This is why I am hoping we can hang out with my other friend so she can tell me if it's just me or if he really is crazy. I mean.. i'll ask him questions that I would want to answer, but he never asks me for my answers. Like yesterday I asked if he ever had any crazy dreams to do a job that he may never do. He gave me all these things and then never asked if i did. That's a big part of me, those crazy dreams. =/ I try to talk to him about some things, but I feel like that's so weird. I shouldn't have to talk about how he annoys me this early in knowing him. You know? Like.. these are issues that come later, if at all, but for some reason he just... drives me psycho.

I still have about 27 minutes until it's time for my group session. I think I may go on a hunt for a stapler and get these papers together... I don't like going right at the beginning when the bell rings because then I feel like it gives me more time and I panic a bit. I rather go in a minute after the bell and get set-up and such. My supervisor will probably be there today. Last week she was there, but with her laptop so she didn't contribute and then the two weeks before that it was just me. I like it better when it's just me. She might be able to ask different questions or work with some of the kids better, but I feel more comfortable alone. Cuz I never know when to stop in case she wants to throw in a word or two, which she may not want to.. so maybe this isn't an issue.

I realized today that I never found out the secretaries name at this school. How lame of me is that? I think I'll have to introduce myself to her next week.

Oh. I have a presentation next monday in my evening class. I am kind of excited about it. I'm not wanting to be nervous or anything, because it's silly. This class is a joke. lol. The presentation is worth 50 points and the final paper is worth 200. like, seriously? and he always gives the same grade to everyone. it's just frustrating to actually put time and effort into something when you know you're not going to get a YAY grade on it anyway.

I am super nervous about my grades for the other two classes though... but my one professor said she makes the top grade in the class the A+ and so everyone else's grade tiers down from that one instead of the 100%. I think that's really nice of her because I was NERVOUS about that one!

The other class... I'm not sure... I've been doing my best on everything, but who knows. The professor is a hard grader, but a poor teacher... so.. it's kind of sucky. She requested the university to do classroom evals for her, which i think was stupid on her part because most of the people in my class probably TORE her apart. I hope she doesn't get fired for it. =/ She's just kinda insecure and shy seeming. She hasn't come out of her shell yet. I know I take a long time to come out of my shell with new people or new opportunities, so I feel her pain.

Ok, well I've typed enough of an update... I'm not sure if anyone reads this anyway. haha. :) I just saw a girl on another blog site i use mention that she is more dedicated to her blogger and then I remembered this.. so here I am. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3