Thursday, December 9, 2010

funnyy

I just heard the BEST thing while I was walking down the hallway... a teacher was talking to a student about how he needs to wear a coat, becuase it's going to be 10 degrees next week.. and he was like "Unless you're going to be in the military in Alaska" and he continues "we need military in Alaska so that we can keep an eye on Russia." I started CRACKING up. I looked up the hallway to see if I could see the teacher, but he must've been turned around. It's funny, because there are a lot of jokes you can say in this school that none of the kids will get, but the staff just cracks up over. haha. it's kind of funny. mainly because they aren't really harmful jokes or swearing jokes or anything, they're just something that most of the kids here can't understand because well.. they're young and cognitive development things. haha. it was FUNNY!

oh and i just had one of my one on ones and the student and I came up with a "calm list" so the student can look at the list if they are angry and do something on the list to calm down, instead of yelling or kicking lockers or anything of the sort. At first they didn't want to do the activity, but I asked them to tell me something that helps calm them down and by the time we knew it we had an entire page front and back of ways to calm down. haha. what a good kid. :) such potential...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3