hum. what do you think about "manis and pedis," as they've come to be known?
I don't get them... I don't really agree with them outside of the fact that you are getting hand and foot massages while this stuff is happening. I believe that you can take care of your own hands and feet... why do you have to pay 30+ dollars to go somewhere and have them make you bleed and put you through pain? Beauty is not pain... silly people. beauty is in the heart, in the soul, in each person. Beauty isn't in your looks... it's in your heart. so why do women put themselves through such torture? You ARE beautiful just the way you are. Seriously. Have you ever looked in the mirror? Go check yourself out!! You are GORGEOUS!!! the world wants to see you! Go out into the world and let that beauty shine.
There's no need for these painful "rites of passage"... seriously dear... stop torturing yourself.
Love,
Amanda*
Hello Amanda! I don't avail manis and pedis too. I prefer to have the clean and natural look of my nails. But in the case of the foot spa, I believe that our feet is one of the tortured parts of our body. So at some point, it needs some pampering too. But just the same, if you can do it on your own, then why splurge and depend on others.
ReplyDeleteIn my country though, foot spa is common and you can find services for as low as $ 7 to $ 10. The same prices with the manis and pedis. I remember my friends and I were joking of why other people become so vain with their feet even though we all know that the feet is not the first part of the body that attracts other people. hahaha!
I agree with some of your statements "we are beautiful just the way we are" (bruno mars? hehehe) and beauty is not rooted on the outside.. real beauty is found within!
Have a good day my friend!