Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've started a new leaf to my journey... the leaf where I peel my layers back and let myself into my heart.  I wanted to share my artwork from last night.  

This is a finger-painted picture (the best way,  right?) with LOVE splattered across it... a sun in the top right corner -- it is colored that way to symbolize the murkiness of where I am right now within myself. I see myself as the sunshine, but in reality, that is what the sunshine looks like. I made a sky and dotted it with color... and created different color designs as my spirit called me to do so. mmm... :) I love it...


and while I was creating it... I realized one thing. Too much paint! Paint from a Spirit painting can't be wasted... so I put it to action on a fabulous piece of scrapbook paper. I created a sun... a red sun, and lots of colored "leaves" falling through the yellow explosion.  Then I used paint to draw a heart on my cheek... and I lay down looking at this... because it resembles so much. I named it "Solar Spots" as to symbolize those dark spots that are on something so beautiful, like my soul.  My soul is a beautiful place and I am a beautiful person, but I have those dark spots... those solar spots on my heart.  Years and years of damage that is only growing.  This symbolizes me recognizing the pain and looking it in the eye, but not looking myself in the eye, because I have to accept it still... and work on it.

Mmm... this is a great beginning. 

I'm in love <3

- Love 
 ~Amanda*

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amanda! Thank you for the comment you left in my blog about my trip to Puerto Galera.

    I admire the way you have interpreted your painting. I believe that each artwork partly relates to the life of the artist. You have clearly explained how your work relates to the deep person inside of you.

    I'm looking forward in seeing most of your posts. And as I have mentioned before, we share the same story. I was relatively younger when I started grad. school. It was just two years after I finished college.

    Have a great week Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3