Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dear Goodness

Today has been magnificent.

There have been many ups and downs throughout my day, which have been logged in my journal, but here... oh here, I am going to talk about the wonderful end to my day. Instead of spending hours on the net I decided to take myself away for a couple of them. I listened to two calls from the WISH summit, which I am listening to. If you're not familiar or haven't signed up, go to the webpage www.wishsummit.com and check it out. It is 100% free and totally worth it.  Anyway, I listened to two calls tonight and then decided to take an hour away from the computer and away from the cell phone.
     I started out by preparing all of my candles -- I have noticed today that I enjoy natural light much more than over head lights and other types of "bulb" lights, so now it is all sunlight, moon light, and candle light.  Then I set up my "New Age" channel on Pandora (Pandora amazingness) and put the volume at just the right volume for me to hear it in another section of my room. Then I let my laptop screen fade out, turned over my cellphone, locked my bedroom door and took a prime position for a 100 breath meditation as talked about by Goddess Leonie of Goddess Guide Book. Check out her site if you're not familiar, she is truly uplifting and.. well.. go check it out and see what I mean.  I am a member of the Goddess Circle and it is... such an amazing experience and an amazing community.. Well, as I neared the 65th breath I went deeper into the meditation and my art activity for the day came to me.  A beautiful night scene... and at the end of the meditation I thought to myself.. "hm... the perfect place to create a night scene is...? outside!!" so I intuitively picked my supplies and gracefully carried them all outside into the wet grass.  While I was gathering my supplies I couldn't find my black paper or my black crayon to color the sky... so I was bummed, but after I got outside... you know what I realized? the sky wasn't black... that's why I couldn't find those supplies...  so I gazed up in the sky.. and well... a beautiful creation flowed onto the paper... I created visions of clouds.... of darker areas in the sky.. lighter areas... and I did what felt right in my heart.  The picture is gorgeous with clouds and stars... and shading... I'll show you after it's done drying... :) Then I went back into my house and into my incense filed, candle-lit room to create in my journal.  I reviewed the notes I saved from my reading by Dionne the Tea Priestess at Sacred space tea dates and decided to write out the characteristics I want in my future lover.  This is an exercise for me so that I can be more clear and true to myself. So I thought about it for a little while and then thoughts just started pouring from me.  I feel happy with what I have written down.  I'm not looking for anyone right now, but I want to see if my list changes in the future when I write it again on one of these lovely "me dates." My guidance session with Dionne sparked a flame in a whole new area of my life... and if it wasn't for that guidance session I wouldn't be making sacred time for myself each day.  Check out her website if you haven't yet... she is worth every penny: click me :)

Love and Light.

Blessings and well wishes to you and yours

Love always,
Amanda*

p.s. when was the last time you went on a date with yourself? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amanda! I was struck by your last sentence. When was the last time I went on a date with myself? My initial answer would be all the time. Hahaha! I am single and I always do things on my own. Over time, I have learned that if I want to experience something, I should do it on my own. It's nice to have someone with, but I learned to live with the word "independence."

    I do not know how you term your experience but I find it nearer but deeper than meditation. I have never experienced the benefit of full meditation. I wish I coudl learn and benefit from it.

    I am so glad to read your magnificent experience. I hope your experience lives on and I wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3