Even though I have internet now-a-days I still forget about blogger... I'm working so much that it completely slips my mind and I rarely stop by to say hi...
So, on this sleepless night, here I am.
Hello!
This is usual for me... it's a Sunday night, well technically it's Monday morning, and I'm still awake. During the week I work monday - friday nights and I work a few days as well, so my sleeping habits are odd. Especially because I work nights... so when the weekend comes, no matter how tired I am I can not fall asleep. I am so used to staying awake the entire night that I usually don't fall asleep until the time I would be getting home from work in the am. Right now it's about 5:30 and I don't typically get home and into bed until 8, so I guess I'll still be awake for a while now.
Typically it's either Saturday or Sunday night that I can't sleep. This week it's Sunday night, because yesterday I barely slept after my night shift due to a long list of things to do, so I slept like a baby Saturday night. I had a busy day today too and I even managed to smash my finger pretty good, so I thought for sure I would be able to sleep, but here I am... sleepless.
One thing I hate about not sleeping is the lack of focus I have in tasks that I decide to do during my night owl hours. I was just looking at a hotel cost for a convention I am going to next week and I frantically text my girlfriend because I discovered the cost would be higher than we originally though. JUST KIDDING, that was my sleep deprived mind kicking in. Really the hotel was going to cost what we originally figured and I realized I really am not thinking straight.
After hours of "tumblr" and "flappy bird" and countless other things I remembered "blogger!" So here I am in hopes that maybe if I just type some things out, then I will be able to sleep!
-----------------------
Yesterday was my friend's birthday, the friend who passed away last April unexpectedly. One of her favorite musicals was "Wicked." Have you seen it before? I love the musical. Well, yesterday just happened to be the final showing, so in honor of her birthday a group of us went to see it. Her mom, sister, best friend, his boyfriend, his mom, and a few other friends including myself. The weather was treacherous on the way out! It was snowing like crazy and the roads were covered! On the main interstate into the city we were only driving 25 miles per hour, when the regular speed limit is 60! The musical was beautiful though and it was great to all go together to honor her.
After the musical we all walked to one of the garages because one friend made cupcakes for everyone! YUM! We ate cupcakes and then a group of us left that garage to go to our parking garages. The roads were much better after we left, which was great! I got home so fast! On the way home my windshield wiper fluid ran out... so I stopped at the gas station to pick some up. I waited until I got home to put it in though.
That's when I smashed my finger... because it was so cold out and I was in such a hurry I completely forgot to put the stand up under the hood to hold the hood up while I was under it. So as I was putting the cap back on the wiper fluid compartment the hood fell right on my fingers. OUCH! I panicked for a minute thinking should I yell, should I call someone or could I get out on my own? Well, the way it landed I was actually able to lift with my other hand and slowly pull my fingers out. It hurt so bad though. I almost passed out from the pain. I had to pop the hood again though in order to put the cap on, so I did that then slammed the hood and ran inside! I went straight to my room with an ice pack and fell asleep for a few hours. I felt sick to my stomach.
This could also be a reason why I can't sleep. I only napped for about 1.5 hours though. Who knows. All I know is that I'm tired and this blog post is getting REALLY long!
Today I have work at 4pm so it would be really nice if I could fall asleep soon.
I am going out of town this week to an anime convention in Maryland. I'll be cosplaying with my girlfriend. yayy... I'm nervous.
Well, sorry I don't update a lot...
until next time!!
<3 p="">3>
Hey Amanda! YOU ARE SO BACK hahaha I miss reading your posts.... hopefully you'll have more, like once a month with more photo uploads :)
ReplyDeleteI can relate about getting on the groove after working night shifts. I do my freelance works during those wee hours on Fridays and weeknights. In effect, I'm asleep the entire day on Saturdays and Sundays. And yes, I can sleep for more than 12 hours?!! Unhealthy for me, but I am just so dead tired... and lately very sick.
Wicked is also shown here.. it's just that we have a little hefty price here.
Hope you are having a great time... and more on your anime parteeey! Wishing you all the best!
Oh my gosh! That is such a crazy schedule! I hope that you do get enough sleep on your down time, because I can only imagine how tired you are after the type of work that you do! see you on your blog!
Delete