Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Alone

First of all, hello!!

Second of all, there's just something about being alone that I hate! Alone time can be nice to think and reflect and review your day and work on building strengths... thinking about how you handled situations and what you learned from them... and growing personally.

Alone time can also be that deep, dark time where you replay events that made you rage during the day and where you convince yourself of negative things about yourself.  Alone time is when that little, negative voice inside your head takes over because you are too sad to fight it.

I hate alone time.

So today, I am going to write a post while I'm awake during this alone time in hopes that I can cheer myself up by telling you about my weekend!

------------------------------------------------------
the weekend:

So last week I only worked 2 days.  I ventured out to my girlfriend's house on Wednesday morning right after I got off of work.  Driving 4 hours after staying awake all night and part of the day before is NOT an easy task.  I had to do it though because bad weather was headed our way and I had to get out of town before it hit.  I arrived and fell asleep on the couch while she got things packed for our trip.

Then her friend came over and we packed up the car to head to DC a day early.  We were originally going to leave Thursday for DC. THANK GOODNESS WE LEFT WED! That's all I have to say. I'll let this picture say the rest:



This is how much it snowed in Washington, DC shortly after we arrived for the weekend. HOLY CRAP! It was a snow and ice mixture, which means... it was heavy and there was a TON of it! Some nice people shoveled my car out in the morning.. thank goodness for them!

On Thursday morning we had to check out here and head to the other hotel for the rest of the weekend. I thought we were just going to a "hotel" but let me tell you. This place is a gorgeous, high-end resort! This is no hotel...




uhm... yeah. Some of the rooms have balconies on the INSIDE of the hotel.  Then there are HOUSES inside the hotel... they are shops.. and there is like.. a forest oasis INSIDE THE HOTEL! not to mention a full size gazebo, glass window elevators, a spa, 5-6 restaurants and a million floors!!! I know what you're thinking... this place must be pricey. and you're right! We had 5 people in the room though, so it brought the cost down a LOT. We were in this hotel for 3 nights, so the more people the better. This Resort is actually on it's own little... island type thing as well. You have to take a bridge to get in... and it's like it's own little town! There are various hotels that all look fancy, but this is the fanciest... there are a gazillion restaurants and bars and places to venture... woweeeee what a luxurious stay!  Also, remember all that snow? Well this area also had a lot of snow, but this town has it's OWN SUPPLY of construction vehicles (drump trucks, bob cats, excavators) that removed all of the snow!!!!!!!!!

As for the cosplay.  The first day was scary because I was nervous about cosplaying the next day, people in costume scare me, and large crowds scare me. So... I was a wreck.  I was too afraid to take pictures of people as well.. so the only picture I have is one that my girlfriend's friend took for me of my favs from .hack//sign! :)


this is Tsukasa, Aura, Silver Knight, and Sora! I was shocked, because my girlfriend and I were going to be cosplaying Tsukasa and Subaru on Saturday... and this anime is SO OLD that I didn't think I would run into any other cosplayers doing it... but here they are! :D I WAS SO GEEKED!

This is my girlfriend and I cosplaying Subaru and Tsukasa the next day! :)

I am Subaru ( the one with the green hair).  This has always been my dream... to cosplay Subaru, but I had no idea it would ever happen, because I can't sew worth crap! My girlfriend made both of the costumes and my axe... she had a staff, but it was too heavy to carry the whole time.  Cosplaying was so much fun. It was amazing... people kept asking for our picture!! I couldn't believe it! A lot of people thanked us for doing this cosplay because they loved the anime and haven't seen a cosplay of it in years! I was so excited!!! :D :D It really gave me a boost of confidence!

Oh and we did a photo shoot, so I may post more pictures soon. :)

and my favorite part was this:
The person who was cosplaying the Silver Knight the day before cosplayed it again today! We just happened to bump into each other! I noticed him but I didn't do anything and then he yelled out "LADY SUBARU!" and came over and dropped down to bow to me for a picture!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
The Silver Knight is basically my biggest ally and protector in .hack//sign. We work together to keep the peace in "The World" and he is always watching out for Subaru.  This right here was my dream. This picture right here. Makes everything ok. This seriously. was my biggest dream and I never thought this would happen. I am STILL so geeked about it. I wish I knew who this person was so I could talk to them and tell them how awesome their cosplay was and that they made my life! After this I kind of jumped up and down and ran to hug my girlfriend. I think he walked away! but now I'm wondering if maybe he was still there and I ran! hahaha. I don't know. I was so excited! BEST MOMENT EVER!

I changed out of cosplay a couple hours later and everything was just great. :) I met a lot of my girlfriend's friends and we had a great time. :)

Now that I am in happy thought land and I have updated you on my EPIC ADVENTURE I am going to see about sleeping.

Next month my girlfriend and I are going to Texas for a convention.  She loves the Japanese band "Nightmare" and it is going to be their US premiere.  So I am taking her to Texas to see them, because who knows if they will ever come back to the states again.

I'll be talking to you soon!! :)

love me

2 comments:

  1. Cosplaying may not be my turf but I appreciate the beauty and all the effort people exert for it.

    You two look cute. I actually love it. And that guy, hahahaha how nice of him!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3