I remember I really liked this one guy and through time I started noticing all of these things we had in common. Same favorite food, same favorite juice, same favorite color, same middle name, same favorite this and that and so on and so forth. I remember telling him... because I literally had one of those tiny steno pads with pages filled of our similarities.
(tiny memo pad like this)
| https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh8He_E1rVG1xgb14T5N20x5Smkbecry5xHyj3h1n3LeF_Bv6Q2w |
I remember he laughed at me and told me that I was trying too hard to find things we had in common. That all of these things were just coincidence and no reason for us to get closer. That was a low blow... but!
I was wondering. What do you think? When two people meet... and they have so much in common... do you automatically take it as a sign? and see them as similarities?
or do you take a more skeptical approach and say it's just coincidence that you have a few things in common and it shouldn't be looked at as a sign?
I've been noticing that there are a few things like this with my girlfriend and I. Due to this previous experience of a huge skeptic, I'm having an internal debate over whether or not it is worth mentioning these really intricate similarities. I just think they're fascinating!
I feel like we are meant to meet certain people in our lifetime and that these little clues are laid out so that we can see the path a little more clearly.
Even if the people we are supposed to know live somewhere completely different in the World and we met them through the blogosphere (Diane).
I love seeing the connections between people. I see them as tiny strands of iridescent fishing line... flowing from person to person and linking them to those they are meant to be connected with. I think it's magical and I absolutely love it!
So, I think that the clues of similarities are a sign... not just coincidence...
what do you think? :)
Love,
me
Dear Amanda,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the mention. I really appreciate it. And yes, for some reason, I can feel that we can be good friends... albeit online. I can understand and relate to your sentiments.
About the guy, let's just say that I had a similar experience. I did more crazier things, if only I could blog about everything hahahaha
It's only now that I realized that I've been following your blog for quite a while. It's been years of becoming bloggy friends :) Thank you for that.
Btw, are you familiar with LL Bean canvass tote bags? Do you want to own one? I still have $ 5 credits from my gift card. If you want to have it, please send me an email. :)
Oh! I wish you could! I bet the story is great. hahaha... sometimes we do crazy things when we're interested in people... i wish i knew why it happened, but at least it leaves for a crazy story later? :)
Deleteand thank you! I find it shocking that we have actually been following each others blogs for so long! But it's great, because it's one of the best ways to keep in touch and keep up to date on what is going on in your life! :)
and omg, that is so sweet! I'll email you about it. You are great! :)