Am I alone here?
For some reason I am fearful of even the SMALLEST things! Having to make a phone call or set up an online profile for a job application can keep me in bed for the entire day, because I am so afraid that I cower in bed all day. That's not even the worst part. I will use that as a LEGITIMATE reason, to myself, on why I didn't get it done. "Oh, I couldn't do that because I was in bed all day."
Why am I making excuses for myself? and at that, VERY LAME excuses.
Right now my car is having some serious issues. My sister told me that I can call this one auto store to get a free report on what's wrong with my car. But here I am, too afraid to call the store to make sure they do the free test! What is wrong with me! My car could blow up, but I'm too afraid to call the store so I'm just "going to deal with whatever happens."
and the same goes for my health. I will suffer from health issues for YEARS before I tell another soul about it. and I will absolutely not go to a doctor. Why? I'm too afraid.
It just blows my mind that I can be so afraid that I won't even take care of myself or the things that I rely on.
Frustration!
"Life starts at the end of your comfort zone!"
Love,
amanda
I understand your sentiments Amanda. I can totally relate with the idea that sometimes, we refuse to do what is right. Perhaps these are some grown up issues we were taught in school.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your parting words and right now, that quote is like killing .. or tone it down, affecting me. If I may share, my best friend at the workplace is leaving. We've been together for 9 years! It really affects me that I wanted to leave as well. I know, lame reason as well. But I can't get over with the idea that I'm the one being left behind and staying in the same company for 9 years brings the negative connotation that.... i'm too weak to move out of my comfort zone.
hm.... I can definitely understand how you are feeling! Especially if you've been there 9 years and you want to leave... leaving can be so scary. Have you looked at things outside of where you work? Maybe it's something you can ease yourself into? :) Looking around will get you out of your comfort zone!
Delete