Tuesday, June 26, 2012

5 degrees worse

My goodness,

you would think things would stop piling on by now... but things got a little more crazy last night.

First, I have this issue where I get really depressed at night time. It's kind of like a seasonal depression thing, except with night and day. I am fine in the day time, but at night I get depressed.. so I have to make sure I don't stay up too late or I will become very upset.  (It's getting pretty close to bed time right now).

So.. yesterday I went to the drive-in movies with my friends. We saw "Brave" and "The Avengers". Both movies were awesome. It was a late night though... so even though I was with friends I was feeling quite depressed. Most everyone sat in the bed of the truck, but I opted for the back of the van, where another friend joined me.  So, I was sad most of the second movie... just because that's how I get at night and I'm used to it.. I know it happens.. so it's not really a big deal to me anymore.

But after the movie I decided to go home.. I had work at 10am today.. so I wanted to get enough sleep at home so I could be well rested for work. I drove the.. 20 minutes home to find 3 trucks from the cable company in my driveway, so I could not go home! I drove up the street and came back down hoping they would be gone.. and they were still there.... so I was so upset at this point that I was crying because I knew that I needed to go home to sleep because it was late and I was sad already and this just made it worse. So I drove another 20 minutes back to my friends house... all the lights were out.

So I went to the backyard and climbed on the trampoline with a few friends who were sleeping there. As I was getting comfortable I slid my wrist against the trampoline and right over some sort of bug with a stinger. Well, it stung me. I grabbed the bug and threw it off the trampoline.. then I realized there was a stinger in my wrist, so I took that out and threw that on the ground.. and hten my wrist started burning, so I pressed it against my cheek to help cool it down. 

Then I couldn't fall asleep... so it was about 3:30 am and it started to rain.. so we all jumped off the trampoline and headed for the house. Someone locked us out on accident.. so we couldn't get in. then the front door was locked.. then the one girl went through the garage to unlock the backdoor.. but it stopped raining, so we went to the trampoline again. I pulled the cover over my head and just as I was falling asleep I heard a buzzing in my ear. I was going nuts.. I pulled my hood over my head hoping it would stop.. and I heard it again.. each time it was just as I was dozing off. So, it was about 4:30 and I still wasn't asleep. I had to be up in 3.5 hours to get ready for work.. so I said "screw this!" got off the trampoline and headed home... I got home and my dad was awake already so I didn't get to sleep because he wanted to talk... then when he left for work I went to sleep... and slept for 3 hours.

Then I checked my email and found out that my paypal account has been hacked. Paypal sent me a concerned email about sketchy transactions... and of course... they were things I didn't purchase... songs and movies through iTunes. They are investigating the transactions... but I have no money in my bank account.. so if the transactions still clear before they are disputed... then I will go negative and get over draft fees galore.  Pay day is the last day of the month... so I have a few more days until then.  I am hoping my boss will help me out with a bit of money until payday.. and just take that amount out of my pay.  This is such a crazy situation... I can't believe it. =/

I thought things were going to have to start looking up now... but they are just getting more messy.  I have my job interview this Thursday.. so I am hoping this week starts looking up soon.. so I can be calm and collected for the interview.

Any good thoughts are appreciated....

Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! On the positive side, you have friends whom you can spend your quality time with. I have friends but most of them are busy with their own lives so it's very rare for us to have an opportunity to have those movie dates or dinners. You also have your Dad to whom you could talk too. But then again, I understand that you can't talk about everything to your parents. Some things are just worth keeping to yourself and I guess in this blog.

    Sometimes I agree that those little misfortunes are petty. However, when they accumulate, they really have the power to get the worst in us. Perhaps, this is another way of life saying to us that "hey, i'm here" :)

    Things will get better soon Amanda. Just let the situation subside. Go with the flow and do the best that you can do. As they say, there's always a rainbow after each storm. :) I know you will soon see your rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane!! :) amazing words of wisdom. :) Lets hope my rainbow comes on Thursday in the form of a new job!! :)

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3