I loved this post when Diane Writes did it.. and I just had to borrow it. Have you seen her blog? Here's a link! She's fantastic!
I love that movies always have such beautiful scenes.. and they take you to places that you may not have been able to go without the movies. Some of my favorite movies and scenes are:
Eat, Pray, Love 2010
My favorite scenes center around the main character, Liz, meeting the Brazilian man! The scenery she passes while bike riding before he nearly hits her on that little path is gorgeous!! Also, I absolutely love the house she stayed in at that time of the movie.. and his house as well! They are so open and spacious and I'd LOVE to have a house like that someday...
![]() |
| link: http://filmcrithulk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/2010_eat_pray_love_010.jpg |
![]() |
| link: http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/0/Y/z/V/javier-bardem-julia-roberts-eat-pray-love-pic.jpg |
![]() |
| link: http://thegreenchest.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/blu-overlooking-rio.jpg |
![]() |
| link: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cELlYkZLzqM/TaqIrZ-RddI/AAAAAAAAAe0/jhRcOSgVMcE/s1600/Rio-movie-photo-02.jpg |
I LOVE the movie Amelia... about Amelia Earhart. I have ALWAYS loved Amelia and have always wanted to fly the route that she took during her journey around the world. I'd love to go to her museum.. and go to her birth place in Kansas (it's a museum now!)
| link: https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJfaLtJBMR0GplkXy99IgbdZbLTQP5n2iDgWfTJF0re5ZLgcBq1A |
If you have any dreams like this, you should do some research and see what you can come up with!! I'm sure there are museums, trips, or even movies about some things that you love that you could further explore!! Come on, dear! :D You can do it! The possibilities are unlimited!
and.. the last thing I've thought of is... Battle of the Smithsonian:
This movie makes me want to go to the Smithsonian even more than I wanted to before!
| link: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjAzMzc0MzM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUzODkyMg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg |
![]() |
| link: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2008/08/earhart082008.jpg |
** and a bonus, Amelia Earhart was in that movie! :) **
There are tons of other movies I have loved, but these are a few favorites for now!! I may do a post like this every once in a while to add a few more! :)
What are your favorite places on the big screen??
Dream Big,
- Amanda







Hi Amanda! This post made me happy. You know what, I was too overwhelmed by my "reel places" post so I ended up forgetting Eat Pray Love. I love both the movie and the book. The scenes taken from Indonesia and a few places in Italy are fantastic. It's love love love! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with your last and parting line.. DREAM BIG! My wish for both of us is that we will be able to reach those places someday. And someday, our paths shall cross too :)
yes, our paths will most definitely cross!!! :)
Delete