Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's a new year

17 days ago I told myself that i was going to do a post a day for 2015.  It shouldn't be that hard, right? Everyday take 5 minutes to type something... maybe post pictures... and tadaa! a post a day for a year!

Welp, it's day 17 and I never started.

So they say you can't buy happiness, things can't make you happy... life can't make you happy. You have to make yourself happy and make the conscious choice to be happy.

Right now I'm on the "pursuit of happiness" How can I be happy? What makes me happy? What do I enjoy?

I thought this magical Cricut machine I have now would make me happy, because of all the things I can do with it.  I was happy, but now I realize... it's a thing and things may make you happy at first, but in the long run they do nothing to adjust your mood... you have to adjust it.

Today I'll write a list of some things that make me happy:

A clutter free home
Clean dishes
Clean clothes
Everything in its place
Spending time outside
Going for walks
Loving others
Sharing
The simple things
Take a deep breath
Smiling
Friends
Feeling loved
Laughing
----------------
items added 1/18/2015
Independence
feeling in control of myself
trusting myself
depending on myself
being strong
reeling in my emotions
\
I like the simple things, So, til my next post I'm going to try to focus on the simple things and see how that helps me.

What makes you happy?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Amanda!!! You are never to late for a blog post.
    I also love simple things such as clutter free home and room ( i feel so light and enlightened), walks and perspiration because I feel physically lighter.. imagined that i lost lbs already haha, sharing and making other people happy and best of all LAUGHING for whatever reason.

    I hope you are really doing great. Btw, are you willing to help me in my 2015 postcard challenge? I have this annual target of sending at least 12 postcards to friends abroad. Can you be included in my list? If you agree, can you send me your mailing address through email? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great challenge! I will definitely send you an email!

      and I'm imagining that I lost weight too..:)

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3