Sunday, January 18, 2015

De Gray

Last night at work I was making lists of things...

My stress seems to float away when I make lists. I'm not sure what it is about that... I think maybe it's that I'm getting thoughts out in a concise, organized format.

I LOVE organization.

My hair has been turning gray since I was... probably 20, maybe even earlier than that. It's an insane thought and most people don't believe me when I say I have gray hair... I mean, I'm only 26 after all. It's true though. I didn't like the gray, but now it's growing on me.  Other than those short, odd textured pieces that stick straight up on my head. I've tried dying over the gray, but honestly... that doesn't work unless you get it professionally done.  If I get my hair professionally done, well that's an investment AND something I have to keep up with... and I never keep up with it.

I thought last night... what would make me feel better about myself...
1) getting my hair trimmed -- because it's getting long and it's very blah.
     a) should I cut it short?
          - i'm getting used to the long style though... I may want to keep it this way for a while.
          - if I want to change that though, I can at any time.
          - my hair hasn't been this long in years and it's a nice welcomed change... that I kind of like
     b) keep it long?

                     
1/18/2015 hair length
2) hair color
     a) do I want to try to dye it myself again?
            - how much do I want to pay for dye? should I get one that covers gray better
            - i probably need 2 boxes... do I want to pay that?
     b) let it go... get it professionally done when I can afford to?
            -pricey
            - upkeep

This post went in a different direction that I originally anticipated... :)

Things that I want to do:
   1) Church
          - i tried this morning, but the roads were so icy I couldn't make it up a tiny slope of a hill so I had to turn around...
   2) work in a school
          - i need my social work license to do this and my home and school visitor certificate
                   - i want to get those this year.
  3) going to therapy
         - I need to work out my anxiety

Last night work ran over... by 45 minutes. I like to leave work when I am scheduled to leave... but I kept reminding myself that I was getting paid. So... I tried to cheer up, even though it was nearing midnight and I was VERY tired and determined to go to church in the am.

I woke up this morning feeling renewed... excited for the day. I was up and ready and headed out the door to church.  I was about 5 minutes away (on a normal weather day) and the road was a sheet of ice. My car wouldn't go up a tiny hill. I thought about my options... and I turned for home, because my car would not move and I'd rather not cause an accident.  I came home and washed dishes, listened to inspirational music on Spotify and looked up news articles about Pope Francis in Manila!

I made myself some Teavana tea...

White Chocolate Peppermint
cute mug I got for Christmas



made an omelette for breakfast and

enjoyed some Almond Breeze Vanilla almond milk



My girlfriend is still sleeping... but my day is slipping away. Shortly I am going to start working with my Cricut machine to make some fun projects... because, I have a list of those as well :)

I hope that your day is as relaxing and comfortable as my day has been so far.

Lots of love

another list I made last night

some doodling I did at work last night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind. <3