Thursday, May 8, 2014

short weather!

WOOHOO!

It is finally getting warmer outside! I've been wearing shorts on cold days because I want it to be warm SO bad! I keep thinking, if I wear shorts enough, maybe it will get warm outside! haha :) Like Mother Nature changes the weather based on my wardrobe...

Today is 84!!!! YES!

Today I took down a whole bunch of garbage, because where I am living right now is extremely temporary and I have been going through all of my things and condensing them.  I used to hoard things, but since college I have moved many, many times and I have learned that you just have to let go of things.  If an item is not benefiting you in your day to day life, then you don't need it.  Clutter just brings negativity and no one wants that! Keep it zen.

So... my favorite cleaning challenge is taking two boxes and going through all the items and condensing them into one box.  I LOVE making cleaning into a fun game!   As soon as I start getting rid of things I feel so much better. I'm to the point where I can take 2 boxes and condense the items into a very small portion of the 1 box.  Then I can go to another box and go through those things and before I know it I will have condensed 4 boxes into just one!! :D Sometimes I can go through boxes and say "I dont need any of this stuff!" and then I get rid of all the contents!

I seriously love getting rid of things.  I always end up with a big donation pile and then a garbage pile, because there are just some things that you can't donate.

As I'm typing this I'm thinking... maybe I should go through some boxes right now!!!!

But I can't. I work at 9pm and I still have to take a nap.

Anyway, I have been applying to jobs almost everyday for the past month.  I've been looking for apartments and I've been making plans.  In April I decided I did not want to be in my current location for more than 2 months.  I've been working hard and all of that hard work has paid off! It's come to the end of my first month here and right now I have 4 job interviews set up for next week! I believe I have almost 100% shot of getting 2-3 of them, so then I will have options and I will be on my way to my new home and job on May 31st!

and... the first activity in my new location: graduation party for my girlfriend's best friend!

It's been a high stress month.. and I've been getting sick over the thought that I would be stuck here forever and all of these negative thoughts have been racing through my mind.  Despite all of it I have kept the pedal to the floor and even when I was afraid to make a phone call, I did it and now I am reaping the benefits!

I am so excited.  This is the first time I have worked so hard for something since I was in college.

This is a great reminder to me that when you put the work in, it pays off.

Now I try to keep the negative thoughts at bay and everyday I say "I am going to start my new job as a care giver in Downingtown on June 2nd and I am going to lock down my new apartment by June 15th."

Don't let negative thoughts hold you back.  You tell them to shove off and go away, because you can do ANYTHING you want to do as long as you put in the work!

For the first time in a long time I am feeling free again.



I'll be back again soon.

Sending love and hugs,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. hoarding and throwing away things... i love! I can totally relate with this. I find this so therapeutic too. I laugh and cry while remembering the memories attributed to it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind. <3