Things are going on here.
Things that we won't believe happened in a few years, so for that... here's a post about it.
Right now we are all in our homes. We aren't allowed to go out unless we are buying groceries, going to the hospital or doing other high priority things.
If we are outside we have to do "social-distancing" which means you stand 6 feet away from each other. Also you have to wear a surgical or some type of face mask.
This all started for us in mid-March. We were directed to start working from home with the company I work with. We never imagined that we would still be working from home here at the end of April, but we are. There are only about 8 people going to the offices everyday. During our most recent staff forum our director said that "things will be running differently" when we go "back to normal" because we will not be receiving our usual funding. My agency is a non-profit so we rely on monies from the gov't to run.
It actually started in China last year -- in December? Or maybe November or earlier. We didn't really know about it or that it was so severe, but then it started spreading around the world, so in March we went on lock down.
You can't go to restaurants -- you can only do take out or drive thru.
Beaches are closed, parks are closed and anything non-essential is closed including nail and hair salons. The only places that are currently open are literally the essentials -- post offices, grocery stores, hospitals... we are running a very "bare bones" society right now.
The gov't has been sending out stimulus money to help protect the economy because it is crashing. So far people received checks for varying amounts - $1200 for singles, $2400 for couples + $500 for each dependent child under 18.
I have a "work station" set up at home where I have my laptop and my iPad depending on what task I need to be doing for work. I never imagined we would be allowed to work from home and now that is all that we are doing.
Oh and if you go for a drive, there's barely any cars out. It's because they are urging everyone to stay home to slow the spread of the virus. They anticipate lots of people will get it, but they want to slow the spread to not overrun hospitals.
I will probably update this post if I think of anything else going on. It's just such an unbelievable event that I wanted to put it on here so I can look back one day when I "can't believe that happened." because i know that time will come.
COVID-19 is happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what's on your mind. <3